Price Per Person
Price Per Person
Marangu Route is the most popular, least difficult, and shortest way to Uhuru Peak. This route is also called the Tourist Route or the Coca-Colawith Route. 70% of all climbers choose this route because most of the route consists of easy hiking. This route is fairly easy but the final part to the summit is still difficult. Although this route is the easiest, it has the highest failure rate due to bad preparation. It is advised to take this route seriously enough, be well organized, and take all possible safety measures.
All the camps on this route sell goods such as chocolates, beer, soft drinks, and mineral water, and they all have radio contact with the Park Office. This route can be done in 5 days, but it is advised to take an extra day for acclimatization at the Horombo hut, the only campsite on Kilimanjaro with beds and mattresses.
What to Expect
According to statistics from Kilimanjaro National Park approximately 55% of trekkers use the Machame Route to ascend Kilimanjaro. The route is very scenic, providing hikers with incredible views and varying landscapes.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Success Rate: About 70%
- Scenery: Excellent
- Traffic: High
- Its a 5 Days 4 Nights Hike.
- Destination: Mount Kilimanjaro via Marangu route.
- Best Time to Visit: January to March, or between June and October, to enjoy the best weather conditions.
- Tour Type-Private
Trip Extensions available on request.
Find a route from your location
- All National Park Fees, Crew Permits and VAT
- All Accommodation in the mountain
- All applicable government taxes, levies, and park entrance fees
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides, chef & potters
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Gate Transfers to and from Arusha
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Passports and visa applications and processing
- International flights and taxes
- Travel or Medical Insurance is required and you should ask for Recommendation
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for porters and mountain crew (Recommended: Guides - $20 per day, Cook - $15 per day, Porters - $10)
- Entrance fee for activities noted as optional
- All additional costs incase of an early descent from the mountain (This includes: Meals, Lodges accommodation after descend. Park fees will also be non-refundable for days not in the mountain.)
- Personal mountain gears such as trekking poles, sleeping bags, etc. (All available for hiring in our Gear Shops)
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.